Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The other man

This was supposed to post on August 17th, but apparently my phone decided against it...

Well I hate to post about another man but I am.
As I sit in the Sacramento airport my heart aches. I came down here for the Northern California Yearling Sale since Thoroughbred breeding is something that our family does. I go down this time each year to help my grandmother and I have never gotten attached in the past but this time was different. Even though I knew he would leave, my heart was stollen by this beautiful chestnut colt by Old Topper. After a long and extremely screwed up situation with his sale that I won't go into detail on for fear of breaking down in the airport I said goodbye to this extremely special horse this morning.
I must cut this short as the tears are forming but he was so special to me I felt he should have a tribute on Leroy's blog, seeing as they were also friends for the last couple months (they shared a fence line). Even though I think Leroy may be a little upset that this post isn't really about him at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment